What is the role and responsibilities of the Board of Directors?
The role of the Board of Directors is to:
- Provide “entrepreneurial leadership for the company, within a framework of prudent and effective controls, which enables risk to be assessed and managed.
- Set and uphold the company’s culture, values and ethical standards.
- Approve, monitor and review the company’s strategic and business performance
- Ensure the long-term success of the company.
- Protect and represent the interest of all shareholders and other stakeholders
- Act in whatever way they consider to be the best interests of the company.